Nuffnang Ads

Friday, August 30, 2013

4 Fingers Crispy Chicken - A Must Try

I am fond of Fried Chicken, whether it is prepared at home (one with Soysauce and Lime marinate or the simple chicken dipped on a CRISPY FRY thingy) or the ones available at the fast food chains.  So far, the best chicken I wanted locally is the crispy & juicy chicken of the "Smiling Bee" where kids are really fond of.  But hey, time comes that I am looking for other variants available in the market and it so happen that hubby & I accidentally discovered 4 Fingers Crispy Chicken located at SM North Branch.  We were really hungry that time (SALE BA NAMAN and super pagod ang lola nyo haha) and it was the first fast food chain we saw.  Why not give it a try?

That being said, hubby and I decided to go there:

As we enter the place,  the ambiance is cozy and the lights are really calm to the eyes:


I think it's a great place when you want an immediate location for a date that is not too crowded lol.
While waiting for our orders

There is also a place if you prefer to eat by yourself:


Menu includes:





We are in a hurry so we just ordered the ff:
-1 pc drumstick rice box (for me) with small iced tea - Php 104
-2 pcs drumstick rice box (for hubby) with small iced tea - Php 154

After waiting for around 5-10 minutes, finally our orders arrived:
The food was placed in a stainless steel, square type plate with numbers to call if you want it ;p) - sorry I wasn't able the take an image of it I am effin' hungry haha

On the first look, I am impressed. The presentation is  very nice for a fast food chain:
 The rice is served with a drizzle of their signatured soy sauce (that makes their chicken extra tasty) with a sprinkle of seaweed bits

Okay, I am really impressed, but about the taste?  I am SUPER AMAZED (sorry for exaggerating) but I really didn't expect the taste.  I swear.  It's like after the first bite, I am speechless and in awe haha. (Remember the movie RATATOUILLE where Anton Ego has he's first bite of the dish Ratatouille? Click HERE how I looked like that time).
  


The chicken itself is crispy on the outside, with a tingling
(equal) taste of a sweet, salty (soy garlic) and sweet, salty, spicy (spicy chicken), making you wanting for more. Best eaten with their seaweed (Nori wrap?) rice. In fact, one of the famous Korean fried chicken (their competitor) that resembles it's taste is hard to compare with it (their chicken is lacking with that taste and worst, it is not juicy). With 4 Fingers, it is still juicy on the inside after every bite.  Dry meat is a common problem found on skin-flavored fried chicken.
It is more suited for Filipino palates.  This is the real "MASARAP kahit walang sauce!!!" (delicious even without sauce).

After we ate, I still can't get over on it (I am really not expecting it was that delicious) and my hubby can attest that.  You know the feeling of satisfied cravings?  The first up to the last bite explains everything.  

As expected, we headed again to that place the other day ordering the same thing, but now, we included some seafood dishes:

Calamari & Shrimp - Php 189 

(For take out) 6 + 2 pcs crispy chicken mixed soy garlic & spicy (promo) - Php 189

Fries 

Some of the few observations:

CALAMARI & SHRIMP: 
They are good, same soy garlic sauce was drizzled into it, best as finger foods.

FRIES: 
Good enough, not greasy and crunchy on the outside.

6 + 2 CRISPY CHICKEN:
They deliver the same taste of their crispy chicken, but best consumed right after served.  Flavor & crispiness lessened, juiciness lost when reheated.

Total bill that day:


My Review: (This is based on my observation & experience)

Place/Location:  9 (One branch only to date: SM NORTH Edsa, near Watsons)
Ambiance: 10 (air conditioned, cozy, not crowded, enough space for everyone, doesn't resemble to a fast food restaurant)
Service: 10 (the staff are nice & polite for a fast food chain)
Cost: 10 (much cheaper compared to other Korean Fried Chicken)
Quality: 10 (Best taste and overall appearance)

Am I going back here: Definitely YES!

Btw, they have a current promo:

The best Korean fried chicken I have tasted so far. A must try!
So let's dig in!!!

Wanna try it too?

Facebook fan page:  
https://www.facebook.com/Gimme4fingers.Philippines/info

Note: This blogpost is moved originally from my other blog: http://www.gracesongbird.blogspot.com

DISCLAIMER:  I am not paid for this post.  I reviewed it based on my own experience.

-xoxo-

FOOD-A-HOLIC COUPLE

No comments:

Post a Comment