Nuffnang Ads

Monday, September 2, 2013

Peanut Butter Cupcakes

Ever since I was a kid, peanut butter is one of the most common spreads we have.  I still remember how my mom used to buy those peanut butter (ones with the orange cover and clear plastic canister) and best served with a hot pandesal.  Yum! Yum!

Now that I am grown up, I seldom see those classic peanut butter my mom used to give me.  My hubby is a fan of Peanut Butter so I decided to make cupcakes out of it.  Did a lot of trial and error (as a newbie in baking) and I got this as the first result:


It was yummy, made the frosting without any milk (just melt it over a hot boiling water for it was intended for a frosting--but has failed).  It end up as a hard shell...same with my cupcakes.  Not that moist enough.

They said you have to try and try until you succeed.  Now after so much trial and researching, I got to find a recipe that has made it even moist:

Cupcake:
2.5 cups cake flour
2.5 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
4 eggs
1 & 1/3 cups melted butter (unsalted)
1.5 cups caster sugar
3 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup oil (Canola or Olive)
1 & 1/3 cups peanut butter 
1 cup buttermilk (1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar then add whole milk until 1 cup line and let it stand for 5 minutes before using)

Frosting (chocolate):
3/4 cup dark chocolate bar
1/2 cup milk (add more if desired)

yields 41-42 cupcakes for an ice cream scoop batter for each liner (cut in half the measurements if you want a lesser number of cupcakes)


Baked for 30-35 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit (conventional oven), 20-22 minutes on a convection oven.

Tadaaa!


The frosting looks more presentable (thanks to my FOOD-A-HOLIC DAD) and the cupcake is moist!  (because of buttermilk and not the usual whole milk which I have used previously).

I got some feedback that the peanut butter is kinda "overwhelming in taste".  I have used the LUDY's Peanut butter here.  But when I tried using a creamy peanut butter, it turned out much better :)

Let me know yours too and your suggestions are all free so we can come up with a better recipe!

Enjoy!

-xoxo-


No comments:

Post a Comment